Focus on I’On
Mt. Pleasant Lifestyle Magazine highlights and is inspired by community—its people and places–and the way in which we move through our lives within and around them. Many of our neighborhoods contain homes that are Charleston-inspired; painted with pastel hues, inviting deep wide porches and shuttered windows–they’re reminiscent of quaint European villages. The result is visual splendor that blends seamlessly with the flora and fauna of the Lowcountry.
I’On contains beautiful homes with neo-classical influences and offers residents an ideal lifestyle with a focus on community and connection.
Fast Facts About I’On
- Named after Jacob Bond I’On, owner of the land and Army officer in the 1800s.
- Located six miles east of Charleston and approximately 12 miles from Isle of Palms.
- Six boroughs comprise the 243 acres that make up the planned development neighborhood, each constructed around a lake, park or square.
- Developer: The I’On Company.
- Architects and Site Planners: Dover Kohl & Partners, Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company and Seamon-Whiteside & Associates.
- Builders: The I’On Guild, a group of 17 builders.
- Design began in 1995, infrastructure in 1997 and the first homes were built in 1998, with prices between $160K and $625K.
- In 2001, homes prices ranged from $300K to over $1.5M.
- Current Median Home Price: $874K.
- Home size: From 960 to over 6,000 square feet.
- Total Homes Built as of 2015: 737 with 762 total approved.*
- I’On Square contains restaurants, shops and other specialty boutique-like businesses.
- Outdoor amenities include Rookery Preserve, Mount Pleasant Amphitheater and nature trails.
- The I’On Club, Creek Club and I’On Trust give residents options for healthy lifestyles, personal and business events and promote cultural and civic events.
*Town of Mount Pleasant 2016 Demographic Report